What is Prickly Pear Seed Oil?
Sahara Rose 100% pure Prickly Pear Seed Oil (Opuntia Ficus) is a precious and rich beauty oil extracted from the prickly pear fruit, found in the Sahara desert of Morocco. The plant is known for its rare ability to thrive even in the harshest climate and the most arid environment.
The prickly seed oil is one of the most precious beauty oils in the world as production is labor intensive and takes up to 4 days. It is Hand harvested by women at Fair trade cooperatives from the exotic fruit where the seeds are painstakingly separated from the pulp and dried, followed by cold pressing. Each seed has only 5% of the oil, so up to 60 lbs of seeds and half a ton of fruits are needed to yield 34 oz. of the precious prickly pear oil.
The oil is considered one of the world’s miracle oils. .
Prickly Pear Seed Oil is a potent source of nutrition and antioxidant energy for your skin cells. It is ideal for all skin types including very sensitive and sun damaged complexions.
Why we Love it:
- Deeply Hydrates – All the natural ingredients help to soothe even the most sensitive skin and reduce redness while nourishing, healing, moisturizing and improving skin elasticity.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and blotchiness
- Vitamin E helps promote the production of collagen and elastin to boost skin firmness, density and volume.
- Restores skin elasticity and prevents transepidermal water loss (TEWL) for a more youthful and radiant skin.
- the oil helps re-energize the cells and helps cells renew and resist damaging effects of the environment.
- Antioxidants present in the oil help brighten the dark eye circles and restore skin elasticity. More antioxidant protection means younger looking skin and better defense against premature skin aging.
- brightens complexion – The prickly pear seed oil tightens pores for a smooth and refined skin texture and brightens complexion
- Lightweight – It is easily absorbed by the skin and supports the natural buildup of the skin’s lipid layers
- Easy to Use – The prickly pear oil can be used alone directly
Analysis of fruits grown in Morocco shows that linoleic acid was the dominating fatty acid with an exceptional level (more than 60%). This powerhouse ingredient is known for skincare for its ability to heal, hydrate and plump. The composition is followed by saturated fatty palmitic acid and stearic acid .